Sunday, September 21, 2014

Add a Little Autumn to Your Coffee: Homemade Coffee Creamer

Homemade Coffee Creamer

We make coffee every day in our home. I drink it black most days, but sometimes I'd like a little flavor to spice things up. One of my good friends, Brandy, mentioned she makes her own coffee creamer. So, I thought I'd give it a try. I had no idea how easy and affordable it was. 

I headed over to Pinterest, because that's what people like me do, and I looked for some flavor ideas. That's when I came across Mrs. Happy Homemaker's list of over two dozen flavors to try. Since it's fall, I figured I'd make some Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer. I am a huge vanilla fan, so I decided to split the batch in half and make some Vanilla Coffee Creamer too. 

It's super simple, so let's get to it. 


Homemade Coffee Creamer

HOMEMADE COFFEE CREAMER

Start off with your base:

1 - 14 oz. Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 3/4 cup of milk or cream (I used almond milk, you can use whatever 'milk' you'd like)


Combine the milk and sweetened condensed milk and mix well.

(Note: You can make your own sweetened condensed milk. If you want sugar free, you can use a sugar substitute. HERE is the recipe)

Place your base in a mason jar or some sort of container with a lid. Then decide the flavor you want and add directly to the jar. 
(I split my batch into two pints so that I could make two different flavors.)

Now for the flavor fun.


Homemade Coffee Creamer

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

Makes one quart - half recipe for pints

3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (Make your own puree - Recipe HERE)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place directly in the jar with the base. Shake like crazy! Add to coffee. Drink ;)


Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Makes one quart - half recipe for pint

2 teaspoons vanilla

Place directly in jar with base. Shake it like a Polaroid picture. Add to coffee. Drink.


+Be sure when you label the jar with the flavor you put the expiration date of the creamer. You can base the expire date by when the milk you used to make the creamer expires.

---------------------------------------------

There you go. Easy Homemade Coffee Creamer recipes for you to make at home. You can experiment with different flavors or you can visit Mrs. Homemaker's site for other flavor ideas. If you have some good ones, I'd love to give them a try. Share your flavor mixes in the comments.

A great gift idea for coffee loving friends: Put together a gift basket with a coffee mug, gourmet coffee grinds, cookies, and a jar of homemade coffee creamer with the recipe attached to the jar with a ribbon. Homemade gifts are the best!

As always, thanks for reading. 

Take care,
NB





3 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks! I am gonna give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do. It's really easy. You can even add some Christmas flair by adding peppermint in place of the other flavors.

      Delete
  2. I really like vanilla coffee creamer too. Thank you for sharing. I will give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)