Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Wish You a Merry Cheesecake...

Cheesecake recipes


Cheesecake recipe - s'more cheesecake
My sons are food maniacs. I think that comes with the territory since they are both approaching that ever-magical time known as 'becoming a teenager'. Their appetites are never-ending and their taste buds are evolving. Things they wouldn't have eaten in the past are now becoming their favorites. However, some of their favorites have remained unchanged. Cheesecake is at the top of both of their lists. That being said, I figured I'd share a few cheesecake recipes with you that they have enjoyed.


My oldest son could eat s'mores until his brain turned to marshmallow. So, when I came across a recipe for S'more Cheesecake I knew he'd love it. And he did! This recipe seems intimidating to make, but it is really simple. With marshmallows and chocolate chips baked inside the cheesecake and then topped with the same, this is a slice of cheesecake heaven!

My youngest son is my cookie monster. If I don't put the cookies on lock down, he will find them and eat them all. He's crazy like that, but I love his craziness! So, for him I found a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake recipe. When I mentioned to him what I was making he was immediately on board. Of course! Chunks of cookie dough are baked in the cheesecake and then it's topped with mini chocolate chips. So good!

Now, you're going to need springform pans to bake these. You can find them at Wal-Mart, on Ebay, on Amazon, and even at some of the thrift shops. I found a really good one at Goodwill for a dollar. If you don't want to buy them, ask your friends if they have any you can borrow. If you're a cheesecake maniac, it's worth investing in a set.

S'more Cheesecake


S'more cheesecake - cheesecake recipes
Ingredients:

CRUST:
2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 35 squares)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

FILLING:
2 packages of cream cheese, softened (8 ounces each)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup miniature marshmallows

TOPPING:
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening


Cheesecake Recipes
Start by placing your graham crackers into a one-gallon Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers into crumbs. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press the graham cracker mixture into the base of your greased 10-inch springform pan. Press crust 1 3/4 inch up the sides of the pan as well.  Place on baking sheet and set aside.                                                                                                    In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and beat on low just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Pour over crust. Bake (on cookie sheet) at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed.                                                                                                                                                                    Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening in small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a butter knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen. Cool for one more hour. Then cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan, slice and enjoy. Refrigerate leftovers if there are any. 


------------------------------------------

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake

Ingredients:

Cheecake RecipesCRUST:
1 3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies (I used 20 Chips Ahoy cookies)
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

FILLING:
3 packages of cream cheese, softened (8 ounces each)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

COOKIE DOUGH:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place chocolate chip cookies into a one-gallon Ziploc bag and seal, making sure to remove most of the air from the bag. Use rolling pin to crush the cookies. Place crushed cookie crumbs and sugar into bowl and combine. Add melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and one-inch up the sides of pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and set aside.
cheesecake recipes
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low until just combined. Add sour cream and vanilla, beat until just blended. Pour over crust and set aside.

In a separate mixing bowl, prepare cookie dough mixture. Cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips (set the rest aside to use as topping for the finished cheesecake). Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below the surface. Dough should be completely covered by filling. (You'll probably have some cookie dough leftover)

Bake (on cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a butter knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen it from pan. Let cool for one more hour then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan and sprinkle cheesecake with the remaining 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Cut and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
-----------------------------------

There you have it. Two amazing cheesecake recipes to try. Once you get those springform pans and start making cheesecakes I think you'll really like it. I have three different sizes of the springform pans. I have two 3-inch pans I use to make personal cheesecakes. These come in handy for cheesecake bites. You just have to adjust the time for the size of the pan you're using. Pretty simple, really. If you have any questions, just message me and we'll figure things out.

I hope you give these a try. They'd make great treats to share this holiday. If you have any cheesecake recipes to share, I'd love to hear about them. You can email them to womaninthemancave@yahoo.com or share them with me on my Facebook page.

Thanks for reading and have a great holiday season!

NB



71 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I am going to try this for my family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Cheesecake to you too. Looks too good to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love the moment I saw the picture. Great recipe. I'll make it for Christmas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheesecake. This cheesecake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look amazing and a nice change from pumpkin pie for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. I see so much pumpkin pie. Change is good!

      Delete
  6. I'm very much considering this to be my presentation piece if I can afford the things to prepare it...

    computertech2you@live.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The s'mores one is more affordable. Give that one a shot!

      Delete
  7. I have been eyeing up these desserts like a kid at the candy counter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea Troutman andreatroutman@ymail.com

    Oh my gosh I just love cheesecake, this looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 of my favorites, cheesecake and chocolate. Combining the two is just pure YUM genius! Pinning these for future tries. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CHEESECAKE IS MY ALL TIME WEAKNESS I'M GONNA HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE MAKE ME ONE OF THESE YES I AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They'll make them for you and eat them instead ;)

      Delete
  11. I gained three pounds just looking at this good and yummy cheesecake recipes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheesecake has always been my downfall...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheesecake screams "eat me!" I can never resist!

      Delete
  13. Love cheesecake! This recipe for it looks so delish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite desert for sure! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never get my cheesecake to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were the first cheesecakes I've ever made. They are much simpler than you would think. I hope you give them a try ;)

      Delete
  16. love cheesecake; merry christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! I love cheesecake and both of these sound awesome. I can see what I will be doing after the first of the year.... so much for the "I'll diet after New Years" resolution. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheating with cheesecake is acceptable in my book!

      Delete
  18. I am not going to make this because I know I would eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my that looks so scrumptious! I just showed my husband, and he is on board. Looks like cheesecake is on the Christmas menu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry cheesecake to you too. I'd like the smores one.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S'mores one is my oldest sons' favorite. It's really good!

      Delete
  21. I really love any kind of cheesecake,but am not allowed to have

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't tried this yet but I am looking forward to it. It looks so good. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love cheese cake-could u make me one and fed-ex it--hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Don't tempt me. I love giving people food :)

      Delete
  24. They both sound delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert, so thank you for sharing these delish recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the cheesecakes! I am certainly going to be trying them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have this bookedmarked! I know what I will be making for Valentine's Day this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks wonderful and not that hard to make - YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super simple! I try to provide easier recipes that anyone can make.

      Delete
  30. Thanks so very much for the 2 terrific recipes for Cheesecake! We absolutely love Cheesecake in this house! Unfortunately, I do not own any Springform Pans! I generally make it in a regular cake pan with the graham cracker crust. I also make cherry cheese tarts around Christmas and they are like little mini cheesecakes! I absolutely love your 2 recipes! I'm going to have to start looking for these pans whenever I get out and about! Thanks again! I truly appreciate it! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry cheese tarts sound soo good! Yum!
      As for springform pans, definitely check out the local thrift shops, tag sales and even Ebay. You'll find one (or a few)! :)

      Delete
  31. This still looks so good but I haven't tried it yet. I will do it soon and let you know how it turned out for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda. Please do. I'd love to hear your feedback :)

      Delete
  32. I love cheesecake! perfect bookedmarked :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try these. They are simple, yet so good!

      Delete
  33. I love cheesecake I could eat it everyday or every other day

    ReplyDelete
  34. These cheesecake recipes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they're good. I was reorganizing my baking pans and my son saw me pull out the springform pans. He immediately said "please tell me you're making a cheesecake" haha. I wasn't, but it's nice to know they think about these delicious desserts :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)