Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Get Your Bite On

Hash Brown Bites Appetizer

 Christmas is only a few days away and that means it's time to start baking and preparing for family get-togethers. Appetizers and desserts are at the top of the list for my favorite holiday treats. I wanted to make something easy and delicious, and that's when I came across this recipe for Hash Brown Bites.
They are fairly simple, yet packed with flavor. Red and green peppers add that holiday flair. These little things are really good and they're sure to be loved by many. My husband tends to be a picky eater and I couldn't keep him away from these. 

Hash Brown Bites


1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (in a bag in the french fry section)
2 tbsp butter melted
1/2 cup tomatoes diced
1/2 cup each of red and green peppers, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Hash Brown Bites Appetizer4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray two mini-muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.  Spread thawed potatoes onto paper towels to absorb excess water. Mix potatoes with melted butter and scoop 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup. Pack mixture against sides. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and cool.  Place the tomatoes, peppers and cheese into cooled hash brown cups. Sprinkle the bacon crumble on top of the veggies. Mix eggs and pepper, then pour evenly over ingredients in each cup. You can also use a spoon to scoop a few spoonfuls of the egg into each cup. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until eggs are firm. Remove from muffin tins. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat when ready to eat.


There you have it.  A simple and delicious appetizer to enjoy this holiday season (or anytime of year).  I wish you and your family a safe, happy, and wonderful holiday. Thanks for helping me grow in 2014 and I look forward to an amazing 2015. Take care!
NB






55 comments:

  1. These sound yummy. My kind of food. Thank you for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These look so good. I do a hashbrown casserole. Now I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I am definitely going to make these for our New Year's breakfast party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were a hit. I know they were in my home :)

      Delete
  4. that looks so good got to give you a 5 star rating for this. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this recipe--it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound great, thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I make these I'm sure they will disappear quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try these. They look so good. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this terrific recipe! I absolutely love it! These look and sound delicious! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with all of us! I've written down the recipe (my printer is broke again) and I'm definitely going to give these a try! Thanks again, Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to write it down. I hope you enjoy them :) (Good luck with your printer)

      Delete
  10. Oh yummy. And simple, which they have to be because I hate cooking. And I'm sick and my mom wrote me a note. No, I honestly tried these today and they were great. I must admit I skipped the peppers. I think they would make a great taste addition, but I truly am nursing an illness and I didn't think I could handle them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better. That's the great things about these, you can add all sorts of things. I try to keep all of my recipes simple. That way even the kitchen newbie can succeed :)

      Delete
  11. These look absolutely delicious! So easy too. Thanks for the inspiration! "Pinned" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Pin. I hope you give them a try ;)

      Delete
  12. I love hash browns. These look so good. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so yummy!!!! These would be even great for a holiday breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg! I'm so making this! Sounds so darn yummy! Thanks bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look very tasty and something my son would eat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These bites look and sound delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We really like hashbrowns at our house and I love these ingredients. They look so good. I will give these a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it dresses up those average hash browns. Extra veggies and a little protein are always good!

      Delete
  19. I am a sucker for potatoes. This looks really yummy! I am making up my Annual Super Bowl party menu and I am thinking this would be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! They'd make a great Super Bowl snack!

      Delete
  20. These look delicious and not too complicated to make. I might make these for my hubby to take for breakfast when he goes back to work next week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I never thought about making them to pack with my husband's lunch.

      Delete
  21. These look so good! I know I'd have to restrain myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good. A lot of what I makes involves restraint lol. I have a lot of people try things so I don't eat it all!

      Delete
  22. Oh, my grandsons would love these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this recipe. I will try these. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look and sound amazing, can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. They are really easy to make.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)