Friday, September 12, 2014

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes


Yes. You heard me right. I said Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes! Oh man, this was good. I was cruising around Pinterest the other day (wasting my life, but enjoying every pinning moment of it) and I came across this recipe. Since I am a foodie who just so happens to LOVE Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches I had to give this a try.



The recipe was originally posted on Food.com. I altered it a bit, because I lost my mind at the grocery store and couldn't remember all the necessary ingredients. I also couldn't remember to grab my phone and look the recipe up either.

Enough small talk, lets get to the recipe already.

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (you can substitute this with ground turkey, pork, or chicken)
1 tbs olive oil
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup beef broth
Ground pepper
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Hamburger buns
Thin-sliced provolone

Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, green peppers, and onions. After one minute, add the ground meat. Let the meat brown and then drain off the fat. Then add the beef broth. Season with pepper and seasoning salt to taste. Turn oven on to 375 degrees.

Let the broth cook down until there is no more liquid with the ground beef. Place the hamburger buns on a cookie sheet. Remove the tops and place them top side up on the cookie sheet. Scoop some of the beef mixture onto the bottom halves of the hamburger buns and then top with a slice of provolone. Place the open-faced sandwiches in the oven for a few minutes to toast the buns and also melt the cheese. Once the cheese has melted, remove the sloppy joes and add another scoop of the meat on top of the melted cheese. Place the bun top on and eat. Done!

(NOTE: The original recipe called for a dash of Worcestershire sauce and three tablespoons of A-1 steak sauce added to the meat at the same time as the beef broth. I forgot both of these when I was at the store, so I didn't use them in this. The recipe still came out tasting wonderful!)

If you try this recipe with the A-1 and Worcesthershire sauce added, I'd love to hear how it was. I hope you give this a try, because it's really simple and super good!

As always, thanks for reading.

Take care,
NB



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, it's delicious too! An excellent twist on the classic!

      Delete
  2. Holy crow! My mouth is watering! My brother made me try my first Philly Cheesesteak, and I was in love. It's weird that I've never tried making them though. I guess I thought it would be too difficult? These sound easy, and I think even the kids would go for them. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good. I would like these much better than regular sloppy joes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)