Saturday, September 20, 2014

An Organ Donor for my Brother-in-law




Have you ever had a member of your family struggle with their health? It's painful for them and the people who love them. My brother-in-law, Travis,  had a kidney transplant quite a few years ago, but that kidney is no longer a healthy part of his body. So, he is in search of another donor.


He is in search of a type O donor. I just so happen to be type O-. However, since I have MS my kidneys aren't the greatest part of my body. I so badly wish I could help him. That's why I decided to write this post. I am hoping that someone out there sees this and can offer to help save his life. I know this is a HUGE decision. A life altering one. When you have the ability to help save another though, it makes the decision easier. Organ donors are heroes and my brother-in-law needs a hero right now.

Travis is a hard working man. He's the father of my niece and nephew. We haven't been the closest of family, but he is still my family. He's married to my husband's sister. He treats her right and that's a pretty awesome thing. She is a sweet, funny, and caring person. He's the quiet, observant type and even though he doesn't talk about his struggle, it's pretty obvious his health is failing. I can't imagine what is going through his kids' minds. They are tough kids and very supportive of their parents.

http://donatelife.net/organ-donation/If you are new to the whole organ donor process, you can visit Donate Life America and educate yourself about the steps to take. There are over 123,000 men, women, and children in America waiting for an organ transplant and one of those people just so happens to be Travis. I would love to see his name taken off of the list, because someone decided to help save his life.

If you think you may be a match or would like to get tested, please contact me by email at womaninthemancave@yahoo.com. I can then connect you with brother and sister-in-law to get the necessary information.


This is your chance to make a big difference for a family. I hope you consider it.

As always, thanks for reading.

Take care,
NB




2 comments:

  1. Wishing the best for your brother-in-law. In a strange coincidence, my brother-in-law (also Type O) is also in need of a kidney.
    Folks, living donors are the best chances for these people - also, MANY type A, B & AB ARE compatible even for Type O recipients, it takes a blood test to know for sure. It's a wonderful thing to help save a life and the families are eternally grateful. Please get tested today, it means so much. http://bit.ly/1qlJ7Js
    Nicole, wishing your brother-in-law the best, please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the extra info. I wish your brother-in-law the best of luck in his search as well. It's heartbreaking to watch them struggle.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)