Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wow Those Thanksgiving Guests With a Chocolate Cream-Filled Torte

Chocolate Torte Recipe - Easy and delicious!
Since chocolate makes everything better, I figured I'd share a recipe I recently tried. It's pretty simple and worth the time to make. It's a Chocolate Cream-Filled Torte. An excellent addition to any holiday dinner.

Time is of the essence during the holiday baking frenzy, so I purchased a pre-made pound cake for this recipe. It really cuts down on the time needed to prepare it. Which is always a good thing!

I found this recipe tucked away in another auction cook book I purchased. It must be a winner if it has been added to someones 'favorite recipe' pile. I'm borderline obsessed with finding old recipes that have been ignored and I've come across some really good ones lately. As soon as I get the time to make them all I'll share them with you. I have some really good ones coming soon, so be sure to check back often or subscribe to Woman in the Man Cave so you don't miss them.




Chocolate Cream-Filled Torte

Makes 8-10 servings

What you'll need: 

1 frozen or bakery fresh pound cake (10 3/4 ounces) - Thaw if frozen
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup (1/2 pint) cold whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Sliced almonds (optional)

1. Cut cake horizontally to make 4 layers. Stir together sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Add whipping cream and vanilla, beat until stiff. 

Chocolte Torte Recipe - Easy and Delicious!2.  Place bottom cake layer on serving platter. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture on cake layer. Place next cake layer on top of whipped cream mixture and repeat layering whipped cream mixture and cake until all have been used. 

3.  Prepare Chocolate Glaze. 
  • Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and water. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and slightly thickened. Do not boil.
  • Remove from heat. Gradually add powdered sugar and almond extract, beating with whisk until smooth. 
4.  Spoon glaze over top of cake, allowing the glaze to drizzle down the sides. Garnish with almonds if you'd like. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover and refrigerate leftover torte. 


Chocolate Torte Recipe There you have it. A quick and easy dessert to delight your guests with. This is a recipe even a beginner can make. I hope you give it a try. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Take care,
NB































42 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks like a gigantic Twix bar! I know it won't quite taste that way, but that's what it looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it does look like a Twix bar! Oh, it would be awesome if it tasted like one too. I'll have to work on that one ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the Torte Recipe. I have never tried before, because I thought it would be much too difficult,. The above recipe is one even I might have success with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to provide easy recipes. That way the novice cook can try it. Makes life easier and much tastier!

      Delete
  4. Thanks I just had to try it omg its delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet recipe, literally. i am going to try this for Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and let me know what everyone thinks :)

      Delete
  6. You have the best recipes! Love this dessert! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this looks just delicious! I really miss having the good old fashioned stuff during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the recipe for this chocolate cream -filled torte.I must try this.It looks like food from heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many yummy sweet desserts on your blog I get hungry every time I come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like it would make a great dessert for any holiday not just Thanksgiving. It is going to find a home in my favorite recipe list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you try it, I bet it will. It's simple and delicious!

      Delete
  13. This looks absolutely delicious. My family would go crazy for this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so darn good! I am trying not to eat sugar for a couple weeks. This doesn't have sugar in it...right!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is powdered sugar, but you could use alternatives. Good luck with your sugar diet. Don't skimp too much, your body needs sugar for natural energy processing.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)