Monday, April 14, 2014

Driving Them Crazy

 In high school I took a film photography class and loved it. I have always had a passion for photography and I knew that I needed it in my life. Not until my sons were born did I really begin to follow through on that passion.  

I used to drive my kids crazy experimenting with different poses and locations for my photography shoots. They were my guinea pigs (and still are, but don't let them know). I would drag them from their LEGO building adventure time to come sit near a window, because the light at that moment was perfect. When we went hiking at the park I'd constantly be snapping candid shots of them doing all sorts of crazy things. They were and always will be my muses.

I think that's one of the perks of having kids. You get to learn from them and they help you become a better person. At least, that's what my sons have done for me. I went from being someone who didn't really follow through on goals to a mom with plans and ideas to achieve.

Even with my photography, I always imagined doing more. When my sons became my muses I began to push to learn as much as I could. To this day I am still teaching myself as much as I can about photography. Doing so has helped immensely. I have shot freelance for a few local papers, I was a comic convention staff photographer for two years, and I have some great photographs of memories I will always cherish. 

Even though I drove my kids crazy by constantly making them my photography subjects we have had some good times. I learned that photography doesn't always have to be perfect, but it should be fun. I have captured moments of brotherly love, family trips, and goofy faces. Moments that will never be forgotten thanks to my camera. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't drive my kids crazy every now and then?  :)




NB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)