Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Frank-in-Mummy, Halloween Fun With Food!

Frank-in-Mummy Recipe


It's a rare occasion when I get to watch morning television. With two home-schooled monsters to attend to, our mornings are usually busy. This past Monday I had a little break before lunch. I turned on the boob tube and was immediately greeted by five women chatting away. It was the new talk show, The Real.  Simply put these women were engaging, real, and hilarious. I couldn't stop watching. It reminded me of hanging out with my girlfriends from college, gabbing about 'chick stuff' and having a good time.  It you haven't checked this show out, you are really missing out!


On Monday's episode, the ladies were sharing Halloween treats. One of the recipes was for Frank-in-Mummy's. They are super simple and such a cute idea for a kid's Halloween party or for a spooky dinner idea. You can view this and a few other recipe ideas over at The Real's website by clicking HERE.

I figured I'd surprise my sons and make them a Halloween dinner, so I gave the Frank-in-Mummy recipe a try.

Frank-in-Mummy

What you'll need: 
6 hot dogs
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Frank-in-Mummy Hot Dog TreatUnroll dough from can in one piece, making sure to seal seams by pinching them together so you have one solid dough sheet. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1/4-inch strips. Take the hot dog and make a slice from the middle of the hot dog downward. This will create the legs. Then, use a little creative skill to cut two arms at the top part of the hot dog. Be sure to leave a head space. Doesn't have to be perfect . . . they're just hot dogs.  Now, time to wrap the Mummy! Use the strips to loosely wrap the arms and legs. I went a little Mummy nuts and wrapped the head and torso as well. I made them all different. Do your thing and let the creative sparks fly. This would be a fun recipe to do with your kids! 

Place the finished Frank-in-Mummy on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the Mummy wrap is nice and golden. Done!


As I mentioned before, I saw this recipe on The Real which airs at 11:00 a.m. EST. Check your area for the times when you can watch. 

I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

Thanks for reading!

Take care,
NB

 
 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)