Thursday, October 30, 2014

Coffee + Beef = Easy, Crock Pot Java Roast Beef

Java Roast Beef

Now that the temps are dropping here in Ohio, it's time to bust out the crockpot. I love the fact that I can throw some stuff together and a few hours later dinner is done. When I saw this Java Roast Beef recipe I knew I had to give it a try.


The best thing about this recipe is it takes just a few ingredients. Those are my favorite. I love not having to deal with a mess of ingredients. Simple is good. Especially after a long week.

The gravy that's produced when this meal is done is AMAZING!! I had to make some mashed potatoes to go along with it just so I had a reason to gravy it all up.

You'll be suprised at what a little coffee and garlic can do to this roast. I'm confident you will enjoy this as much as we did.


Java Roast Beef

1 boneless beef chuck roast - 3 - 3.5 pounds
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups brewed strong coffee
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water


  • Combine garlic, salt, and pepper - rub over beef. Place beef into 4-quart or larger crockpot. Pour coffee around meat.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6 -10 hours or until meat is tender. Once finished, remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from juices in crockpot and then transfer juices to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
  • Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, then gradually stir into the saucepan of juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. 

There you have it. A few simple ingredients and you'll have a fabulous crockpot meal to add to the books. 

After you make this, come back and let me know what you thought. 

Thanks for reading!

Take care!
NB




4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of putting coffee in beef. I will have to give this recipe a try it has peaked my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little nervous about it, but it is amazing! Hope you enjoy it ;)

      Delete
  2. If my husband was still alive I would have made this for him. I don't think my son would try it and my daughter and I are vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to use coffee. This looks so good. I will give it a try. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)