Thursday, June 18, 2015

MIA in the Man Cave

I know I've been slacking on the blog lately, but it's all been for a good reason. I've been cleaning and decluttering in anticipation for a move. You see, my husband and I are FINALLY going to buy our first home. No, I'm not a young un' anymore. I'm 36 and my husband is 41. We were pretty dumb in our youth and have spent years fixing our mistakes.

Honestly, renting isn't all that bad. We don't have to fix things in our home (we do though) and it's much cheaper in the long run for the most part. However, the dream of home ownership has always been enticing us from a distance.

We currently live in a small village in western Ohio. It's nice, but it is not where we have our hearts set to live. Through chance, we have found a house in the country with a couple of acres and a cherry tree. It's amazing! I grew up in the country and ever since I moved away from it in my late teens I knew I always wanted to go back. Now, we may just be doing that.

I have no desire to stare at my neighbors house which is ten feet from our porch. I want my sons to climb trees and know what peace and quiet are. I want to have chickens and eggs. I want my husband to have his little wood shop where he can saw, hammer, and create his art. This house we found will make those things possible. It's a dream come true. Almost.

We are at the part of the process where the home inspector comes in and evaluates the property for safety or habitability issues. Upon inspection, we've discovered the house has some issues that will need fixed before we can make it ours. Especially since we are dealing with a VA loan. They want their veterans in homes that won't fall down around them. Which I unerstand and appreciate. It still saddens me to know that this little dream we were creating may become a nightmare if the owner doesn't want to work with us.

I'm frustrated by the whole process. I want it all to go smoothly, but I know that for safety and money sake we need to take our time. Now, with the inspector's report it seems like our little piece of dream land may be something we must give up. I don't like it. Not one bit!

I'm hoping the next week brings some good answers on the seller's part. He's older and wants to move to warmer climates, so I really hope he is willing to get the issues remedied. We are in love with this place and would hate to have to walk away from it. Only time will tell at this point.

So, there you have it. I'm not avoiding you or giving up. I just have some big things happening that require my attention. Keep your fingers crossed that the next week brings great things for my family.

Take care!
NB


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)