Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Easy Super Bowl Barbecued Hamburgers

Easy Barbecued Hamburger Meal

The Super Bowl is quickly approaching. That means you will need a meal for the masses and one that will please many. Something that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes so you don't spend half a day in the kitchen preparing to feed your friends. Sounds like just the right time to make some Barbecued Hamburger


This is one of the easiest things to make. You don't have to be a master chef to make this delicious meal. It's great for groups or for an easy weeknight meal. I know, because we make this once a month (sometimes more) in my home. My sons and husband love it, so it's Man Cave Approved. 

Within a matter of thirty minutes you will have something so good, your friends will want to know the secret. You see, I don't like sloppy joes from the can at all. I think they taste weird and I have not made them in years (much to my husband's disliking, because he loved the stuff). Then I came across this recipe in an Amish cookbook and it has become one of my go-to meals for a busy night with little time to cook. 

You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on the size of crowd you will be feeding. You can make it beforehand and then place it in a crockpot to keep it warm. Another bonus, it's even awesome reheated a few days later. Score!

Since I've brought you this far, let's get to the recipe!

Barbecued Hamburger


2 lbs ground beef
1 onion
1/2 cup catsup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt

Cook hamburger and chopped onion in skillet. Drain juices/fat.  If you don't like onion, don't add it. If you like onion a little, then add just a little. It helps add that extra kick of flavor. My husband doesn't like oinions much, so I only add about a half of an onion diced. They soften in the cooking process and you can't tell they are there. 

In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Add to the hamburger, stir and let simmer for twenty minutes. 

Serve on hamburger buns. 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that easy!?  I'm telling you, this stuff is good. I hope you give it a try this Super Bowl Sunday or any day of the week. It's simple and delicious. 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you again. 

Take care,
NB

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy. My sons ask for it all of the time. It takes very little time to make which is great on a busy night.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)