Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mississippi Knows Mud

Recipe for Mississippi Mud from Woman in the Man Cave

Okay, I know I had planned on overhauling my blog. I haven't had time. What with Spring arriving and all that entails there aren't enough hours in the day. I have been baking, which is always a good thing. My guys need to eat and what better way to feed them than with some homemade yum?! So, I turned to some of my vintage cook books and came across an easy and oh so delicious recipe for Mississippi Mud. It's rich, simple, and doesn't take long to make. A great recipe for those days when time is of the essence.


If you love chocolate, which I'm assuming a lot of you do, you will love this recipe. It's rich, so it won't take much to satisfy your sweet tooth. It's somewhat similar to Texas Sheet Cake, but you won't need a giant pan to make this in. Just your regular old 13x9 pan will suffice.

You start off making the cake portion, add a little marshmallow cream to the top of the baked cake, let it cool and then ice it. Simple enough, right? I think you'll enjoy this one. It will keep those chocolate lovers coming back for more.

Mississippi Mud

Mississippi Mud recipe


Mix the following ingredients:
2 cups sugar
3 sticks margarine, melted
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup coconut
1 cup pecans (optional)

Spread in 13x9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. As soon as cake is done, spread with one 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme. Let cool.



Mississippi Mud RecipeMix the following for the icing:
1 box of powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick melted margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk


Spread the icing over the cooled cake and marshmallow creme. Enjoy!


This is a sugar-filled treat. I'm sure, if you wanted, you could try the sugar substitutes in the place of the sugar. I'm not sure how it will turn out though. If you do try it, I'd love to hear about it.

I got this recipe from an old Southern cook book I have in my collection. I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to cook books. I'm always picking them up from tag sales when I find them. These are the best resources to have on hand for recipes you haven't already tried a hundred times.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and family did. It was a hit here. Thanks for your continued support of Woman in the Man Cave. I'll be back soon with more great recipes and a few other new features I'm working on.

Take care!
NB

1 comments:

  1. My God, I keep going back to the picture. My mouth is watering like a dog seeing steak.
    Stop the madness will you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reader feedback and I respond as soon as I can. Take care :)